11.23.2010

Just throwing it out there.


What better way to reflect on the national "crisis" than a little visit to the jimjilbang?

Just kidding, well....I did actually go to the spa after work -- but I want to emphasize that everything is stable and nothing too worrisome should invade your thoughts over here in Korea land.

If you are a visual learner...


I have been reading through Isaiah and this morning before anything happened, I felt so convicted of my doubt in God's great and surpassing power over the "leaders" and situations of this world. So this morning I prayed that my trust in him would be strengthened. Then North Korea plays "Babylon" (if you will) and God says, "Hey Nancy...remember that prayer?" It's pretty amazing when you ask for an opportunity how God gives you one. I was immediately just overwhelmed with praise for him in the midst of this situation because I know he is showing his faithfulness, and somehow his mighty power will be revealed continually. As it always does.


So rest easy and seek refuge in the one where it can be found.

2 comments:

  1. oh snap! look at you livin' life on the edge, dealing w/ babylon, and working w/ the Big Man upstairs!

    all in a day's work, right nance? =)

    but for serious, i love you and am praying for you. Keep being wonderful and have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! (i don't know if the 25th is over or not in S. Korea land)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The day when this happened, I had my korean friend Hoon show me on the map where the shells were fired and he told me to rest assured that it was far away from Busan. I like having Korean friends here, it's like having a little bit of you here with me. Glad to hear how you are learning and growing in dependency and trust in Jesus!

    ReplyDelete